Saturday, July 7, 2012

And now for something (sort of) completely different....

I wanted to expand my DSR Imperium Romanum Map to include more of the world, but found I had to skew it badly, so I took the bull by the horns and redrew the whole thing from scratch !

In the end it wound up being over 130" wide (and 40.5" long).

Click to enarge
This allowed me to expand my game to include the Parthians, Mauryan Indian, and Han Chinese. As it is a consistent scale, I can create another map to include Axum and southern Arabia and southern India (or Africa, or the Americas or whatever).

With this map I can structure campaigns such as the conquests of Alexander the Great, the gyrations of the Warring States period or any other period that fits on the map.

The next step is to add in the cities (and population centers) and province borders (for conquest and control purposes). Then there's sea zones, crossing points, and some graphical changes (I'm not quite happy with the steppe and desert symbols). There's a LOT of work left to do.....

No comments: