Saturday, July 30, 2011

A (slight) diversion....

While researching where to go with my DSROHG card system I contemplated the Seven Days battles (June 26th to July 1st 1862).

Since how all the battles fit togther is a bit confusing, I decided to create a wargame map of the area, at the scale of about 1/2 mile per hex. It clarifies things for me when reading about the battle (and gives me ideas of how/where to make wargame scenarios for it).

Here is the 1st look at it in 1/2 size (it uses 3/4" hexes and comes out to about 32" x 32" in full size). I haven't proofed the colors by printing it (yet).

Click to enlarge

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet (I've got some ideas bubbling up). Maybe I'll create a rule-set and counters for a game using it.

(Edit: Somehow the Deep Water layer failed to print. I've corrected it now :D)

No comments: