Saturday, April 21, 2012

Imperium Romanum II- Pass 2

Here's the 2nd pass over the map, including the boundaries, cities and the structural stuff (Cultivated/Wild/Road/No Road) stuff for periods 1 & 2.

I've not included the cities that are not permanent (yet).

A hex with a dot in it has roads. A hex with an ID is considered cultivated. A hex that is cultivated and has roads has an ID and a dot.

This map was shrunk to 1/4 size for space purposes. It measures more than 60" wide with 3/4" hexes.

Click to Enlarge

2 comments:

kilroy said...

I've been working on a new version of the map as well, but for use with different game mechanics. I'm also drawing in the actual road network and thus found that the provincial boundaries really clutter up the map. I use different colors for the cities, purple for Thrace, black for Asia, etc. You can repeat the colors as long as you use a different color between provinces, and you can see at a glance which cities belong together. Just my two cents.

dsrgamer said...

Not a bad idea. Once I figure out how I want to do the cities that are "transient", maybe I can come up with a scheme for it....

I may change the cities to something like an icon that's more aesthetically pleasing than a red dot....