Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A new hex grid base map

I use hexes a lot for my miniature games, as they speed the games up a lot- not having to measure things with a tapemeasure or yardstick is a definite speed increase !


As such, I've been experimenting on creating a new base map for my 3" hex games. This is a small part of the whole piece (I print it on 36" x 50" or so) that I can lay out with any other map of that type so I can get field size I want in any hex-grain direction.








I've also been working on some hills templates for these which I can cut out (I've cut this image down 25% so it wouldn't make as big a file) :











And while I was at it, I figured I'd try to see if I could make some decent tree templates as well:







I'm not sure about the tree template yet, but I will use some of the hills for my WW2 15mm ruleset. I hope to post some pictures soon, so stay tuned.



No comments: